You know what they say: “I hate to see you go but I love to watch you leave” ;)
in antiva we don’t say “I love you” we say AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRKLKKLLK which means “oh shit I have been stabbed by an assassin” and I think that’s so touching
in kirkwall we don’t say “i love you” we say “IT’S THE CHAMPION” which means “thank you for not killing us but shit now we’re probably going to die within the act” and it’s just so poignant
in orlais we don’t say ‘i love you’ we say ‘hon hon masquerade cheese’ and alistair hears ‘i love you’
hon hon masquerade cheese
music in public bathrooms should be louder and mandatory
People use public bathrooms to escape anxiety and overstimulation places do not make them have loud music please!!!!!!!
*whispers into the night* someone needs to write a fic where Cecil gets all sexually flustered by Carlos’ badboy behavior like eating toast, believing in mountains,and using pens
oKAY WHAT THE SHIT IS NIGHT VALE
I wasn’t thinking about Sherlock when I answered these, but dang if the description doesn’t suit him awfully well, too. This is not a personality type destined for long term happiness, I don’t think.
Whoah. I got the engaged idealist, and damn it suits me.
1. Set an alarm for yourself every day, even when you don’t have exams. If you don’t you might be tempted to sleep in too much and throw off your sleep schedule, and trust me, that’s not good.
2. Break things into chunks. Take the time to look over what materials you can use to study (notes, slides, flashcards, book, etc) and assign yourself a day or time to look at each of them. Then prioritize the things you understand the least and the methods that you think will be most effective.
3. The five-day study plan can be really helpful for this. Check out some examples here or here. Basically, you make a schedule for yourself of which day you will prepare or review the materials. Remember that flashcards and study guides take time to make, so prepare them early so you will have time to review them later.
4. Focus on what is most effective, rather than just doing things for the sake of doing them. For example, reading every chapter of the book or making outlines of every powerpoint can take a lot of time and those might not be the most effective ways to learn. Instead, try reading the chapter summaries, using the practice problems, or quizzing yourself on concepts.
5. Don’t use the practice exams to study from! Seriously. This will lead you to have a way too narrow view of the material. Instead, do all the studying you think you need to do, then take the practice exam as if it were a real exam (no looking at notes/computer/etc) and use it to judge how well you do. Then use the questions you got wrong to direct you towards what you need to study more.
6. Remember that active studying is always better than passive studying! If you’re just underlining the book, absently flipping through flash cards, or outlining powerpoints without engaging with the material, you’re not really studying. You might think you “know” the material as you go through it, but the only way to make sure your brain actually knows it is to quiz yourself.
7. Location is key: not everyone works well in the Library. Find some place that works for you that makes you feel comfortable that you can do work in. (but avoid trying to study in your bed— it might make you sleepy)
8. Take care of yourself. Your health and well-being is always the most important thing. Feed yourself, make sure you get some sleep, be kind to yourself. Remember that it’s okay to take breaks or do things you enjoy. There are 24 hours in a day and you do not have to use them all to study.
Good luck!!! Only a week until we’re done with the semester!!
before you have sex with me you have to earn it
take these two potatoes and this goat and bring them to the river valley where you will meet an old gypsy named madam zeroni. carry madam zeroni back up the mountain on your back and allow her to drink from the stream while you sing for her. she will give you a necklace of beads. return them to me to complete the quest.
Once again, the xkit guy wins by solving our gif problem in less than a day!
Feel like buying him a coffee?
He’s not setting out to make money with xkit, and wants to keep it free and without ads. Sending a couple bucks his way (if you can) will help him cover the cost of the servers that keep xkit running. Even if you can’t donate, please pass it on so others know about this opportunity!